Saturday 13 February 2010

It's been a while

I've been putting my blogging on the back burner for a while. This has been for a number of reasons, mainly emotional. My relationship with blogging is a little strange. I write, but I occasionally look at blogging negatively. My feeling is that to blog, one must have the belief that what one has to say is interesting enough for other people to take the time to read. I've always had a hard time believing this of myself. I thought that I wanted to write a novel, but then I read books like The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri, and The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz and decided I had nothing to say that they had not said already, and in an immeasurably superior fashion. Researching, analysing and writing is a lot of work, and lately I've not been inclined to do any work that doesn't help me pay my bills or look like it will lead to an opportunity to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment